We do love snacks … no doubt! But they do not need to be made of trans fats, lots of salt & sugar, lectin, gluten and preservatives. Those common snacks like crisps, pretzels and flips are – as we all know – not healthy at all and leading to overweight and lots of health issues. Honestly! Why do we eat them?
Let me show you an alternative which satisfies your cravings even more and in addition to that provides your body with healthy nutrients. The recipe is sooooo simple and the preparation time won´t exceed 10 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 265 grams almond flour
- if needed olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Whisk together the egg, salt & pepper.
- Add the almond flour, stirring to make a cohesive dough (you might need to add olive oil).
- Place the dough onto a sheet of baking paper. Flatten it with your hands and top with an additional sheet of baking paper. Roll the dough to about 3mm thickness.
- Remove the top paper and use a pizza wheel or knife to cut 2cm squares. Move the crackers along with their baking paper to an oven tray.
- Bake the crackers for 14 to 16 minutes until they’re light golden brown. The crackers around the edge of the tray will tend to brown more quickly so transfer those to a cooling rack and return the tray to the oven to finish baking the remaining crackers.
- Cool the crackers completely before placing them to an airtight bag for room-temperature storage.